Goal of 90by30

To reduce child abuse and neglect 90% by 2030 in Lane County, Oregon*

(*below 2012 rates)

This is an ambitious goal. It will be challenging. It is achievable.

90by30 is drawing on evidence from research coupled with the wisdom, talent, and time of Lane County residents to build the plan – the blueprint – that will make it possible for us to reach our goal. In doing so, we will be taking on the issue of child neglect and abuse in a way that is unique – no one else is taking this approach anywhere else in the country.

A key part of 90by30’s plan is to act as a bridge between individuals and groups across Lane County who are already working in various ways to address child abuse and neglect. Great work is being carried out by civic groups, faith communities, schools, school districts, neighborhoods, businesses, social service organizations and county, city, and state units of government. 90by30 is working to identify and align existing efforts so that we all become more effective in reaching our individual and shared goals.

Scope of 90by30: Lane County, Oregon

  • Lane County is large, with a land mass of more than 4,500 square miles (the same size as the state of Connecticut). Our communities are spread far and wide from the coast to the Cascade mountains
  • We are located 100 miles south of Portland where Interstate 5 bisects our largest metro area of Springfield and Eugene
  • More than 50% of the land in Lane County is owned by the federal government with an additional 2-3% owned by the State of Oregon
  • In 2011, 61% of Lane County residents live in the Eugene-Springfield metro area with the other 39% living in much smaller cities and rural areas
  • According to 2011 updated census data, we have about 353,400 adults and 68,500 children and youth under the age of 18 in Lane County
  • This means that we have more than five adults for every child under the age of 18 in Lane County – more than enough people-power to ensure that our children and youth can grow up safe and supported

CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER.